Which free keyword research tool to use?

Posted by Kev on Saturday, February 03, 2007

This has been an important week for free keyword research tools, Overture's tool has been unavailable for the last few days (now back online) while Wordtracker and KeywordDiscovery have both released free versions of their own keyword research tools. So now there seems to be much more choice to find the best keywords, but which tool is best to use?

Overture



I've been using the Overture keyword tool for over a year and while the responsiveness has sometimes been very slow I have generally been quite pleased with the results. The search count has been lower than I expected as these figures ar e only based upon Yahoo! queries from the previous month and occasionally some strange long-tail results appear, such as the "beer college college..." result above but overall this gives a good idea about the popularity of keywords. Another advantage I like is how you can search to find the popular keywords in the UK using the Overture UK tool.

Wordtracker

My first impression of using the Wordtracker keyword tool is that I've found the search figures to be very low for most terms, this is calculated using Netapplications.com which only account for 0.63% of searches and as a result this gives a rough idea of the popular keyword searches but really needs to be based upon a wider range of searches to provide more accurate results.

KeywordDiscovery


I've only briefly used Trellian's KeywordDiscovery tool but I have been very impressed with the results returned. The accuracy of search figures looks to be much greater than both the Overture and Wordtracker keyword tools, mainly because search data is collected from all major search engines.

Overall I find KeywordDiscovery to provide the most accurate results and search terms but would also suggest comparing results over a couple of keyword tools to make sure your not missing out on some valuable long-tail keywords. Personally I would probably compare the KeywordDiscovery results with the Overture UK list to check that the British have the same search trends.

Google Trends or the AdWords keyword tool could also be useful options, but I'd prefer to use tools which combine keyword suggestions with search stats (although the AdWords does display a search volume indicator) so I normally wouldn't use these as regularly. What does everyone else think, which keyword tools do you prefer to use?

Source : Here

3 komentar: to “

  • SEOmiser
    4 Oktober 2007 pukul 23.21  

    I have used the WT and KD too and I found it useful to my Blogging, to target the right keywords that most people are trying to search on the search engines. But I do have a huge number of competitors that are also has a huge number of traffics.

    And my site is a no match with those sites who already established good traffics for a while. So, I read articles and researched a good tools that can track down easily what are my competitors are doing on their keyword strategy and I bump with this newly launched keyword tool, the KeywordSpy - keyword research tool. Using this tool gave me an opportunity to immediately track down my competitors and gather keywords for the promotional campaign of my blog, though I am only using their free trial version but it's a great tool.

    They have features like:

    •The most comprehensive keyword database with over a billion keywords and counting
    •Regular updates on keyword databank including search logs and keywords from our partnership with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and other reliable data servers
    •99% percent search results accuracy
    •Instant downloading capabilities on all search results
    •Offers exclusive country keywords (US, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and South Africa) and more to be added soon
    •The only keyword tool that displays Ad Rank, Competitor Count and PPC Cost of keywords
    •Watch List, Search History Logs and other handy tools for easier keyword researching
    •Provides Excellent Support Service
    •User friendly search log accessibility through the use of either Keywords or Domain names

  • Search Engine Optimization
    22 November 2007 pukul 23.32  

    Your blog is very nice... i like your blog ....

    Website design India, web design india

    web design New york city

    I will be available in online for link exchange from 9am to 7pm (IST)
    For my chatting id: gmail: fastlinkmaster@gmail.com
    Skype: ananthakumar007

  • Abid's Adsense Treasure Website Package
    8 Januari 2009 pukul 04.20  

    ===>> http://www.abid.in

    Here's your chance to make $40,000 per month with
    Adsense by being lazy.....


    Wanna Find out How I, By Being a Lazy Ass Make $40,000/Month (Yep, that's 40,000 USD) Every Month Like Clockwise From My Web.site.

    ===>> http://www.abid.in

    The Website Is.

    * Highly Optimized
    * Content Rich
    * Profit Pulling
    * Fully Automated

    Here's What You Get:

    A Huge Money Making Website
    Integrated with Adsense ads, dynamic feeds and over a thousand content pages.

    My Free Traffic Report
    Methods I use to get a lot of traffic, almost instantly.

    Free Email Tips
    You will get some EXTRA tips on promoting your new website by email.

    Setup and Hosting Help
    Even though you get full easy to follow setup instructions. If you still have trouble you can contact us we will set up and host your website for you.

    ===>> http://www.abid.in

    As an special offer, I am offering my complete Adsense Treasure System A fully automated website which makes you money while you sleep.

    Finally a tool for you to make some serious money.

    Get Your Copy Now... Click here

    ===>> http://www.abid.in

    Ready Made Website






    Shah Rukh Khan

    Bollywood

    ShahRukhKhan



    India's Online Shopping Mall

    Online Shopping Mall

    Buy Online


    Link Directory
    The Most Responsive FREE Safelist
    Make Money Online
    Bollywood Sargam

Related Posts with Thumbnails